Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BlogHer - The Community for Women Who Blog


I just read about the BlogHer annual conference in the New York Times this weekend. I've signed up on the site and discovered that there is going to be a one day conference in Boston in October.

Thus far, my experience in the blogosphere has been very education based. I am excited about the opportunity to explore blogging with women who blog on a variety of different topics. I have also, dare I say it, felt at times some gender inequity in the world of educational blogging. There are probably more women who blog in this realm, but it seems like the men get the press and the keynotes. Maybe I'm overly sensitive, maybe I'm right...

I'm planning on attending the conference in October and look forward to expanding my network and learning more about blogging. Care to join me?

Image Source: Wendy Piersall's photostream on Flickr: BlogHer08 Conference Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So jealous that you're going to BlogHer Boston! I watched on Twitter (and blogs) with extreme jealousy as many of my women-blogger online friends talked about the main BlogHer conference in SF last month - sounds like a GREAT place to be! The organization has done a ton of good things for women bloggers, including making it easier for many women to gain advertising for their sites and also giving great publicity for their sites.

I'd suggest to ANYONE that reading and blogging outside of their professional niche can be beneficial, writing at This Mommy Gig has really opened my eyes to this. (P.S. You're welcome to join us there if you're interested in writing with us!)

Oh, and in response to your comment on MY blog - unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it to EduCon, it's just too expensive to fly right now and I don't have a district backing me :-( I'm envious of those of you who DO get to go, though!